Top Notch Furnace Repair in Calgary, Alberta
We provide Residential and Commercial Furnace Repair on all makes and models. Get your indoors warm and comfortable with the dependable furnace repair here at Western Canadian Furnace Company. We have been providing homeowners and business in Calgary with efficient and cost-effective furnace repair services for the 20 years. Call us now so that our licensed technicians can diagnose and fix the problem!
Furnace Troubleshooting Guide
Here are some handy tips that you can apply when experiencing trouble with your heating system. Remember that you can always call on us for furnace repair.
Furnace won’t run
- No power – there are three areas you need to check for tripped circuit breakers or blown fuses. Check for any problems on or in the furnace, at main entrance panel, or at separate entrance panel and restore circuit as necessary.
- Switch is off – turn on the power switch on or near the furnace.
- Motor overload – wait for half an hour before pressing the reset button.
- Pilot light out – pilot should be re-lit only if you are familiar and comfortable with the process. Otherwise, be safe and call a professional.
- No gas – Check if the furnace’s gas valve is fully open.
Not Enough Heat
- Thermostat set too low – Increase thermostat setting to 5°.
- Filter is dirty – Replace or clean the filter.
- Clogged blower – If you are familiar and comfortable with the process, you can clean the blow assembly on your own. Call a professional if you are unsure.
- Blocked or closed air vents – Ensure that all the ducts are open and are not blocked by furniture, drapes, rugs or other materials.
For problems involving an unbalanced system, broken or loose blower belt, and dirty burner, the best thing to do is call a professional.
Pilot Won’t Light
- Blocked pilot opening – Remember to clean the pilot opening only if you are familiar and comfortable with the process. A sure option is to call a professional.
- No gas – Ensure that the pilot light button is completely pressed down and that the furnace’s gas valve is open in full.
Pilot Won’t Remain Lit
- Thermocouple is loose or faulty – Slightly tighten the thermocouple nut. If without result, call a professional for thermocouple replacement.
- Pilot flame set too low – Make adjustments until the pilot flame is approximately 2 inches long.
- Faulty electric pilot – Call a professional.
Furnace repeatedly turns on and off
- Dirty filter – Replace or clean filter.
- Blower and/or motor needs lubrication – Lubricate the blower and motor if with oil ports.
Blower Continuously Running
- Wrong blower control setting – Thermostat should be reset from on to auto.
- Wrong limit switch setting – Limit switch should be reset for stop-start cycling.
- Adjustment needed on limit control – Call a professional.
- Loose access panels – Mount and fasten access panels only if you are familiar with the process. Call a professional when in doubt.
- Damaged, worn, or sticking belts – Damaged and worn belts should be replaced by a professional. Squeaking drive belts can be sprayed with belt dressing.
- Too loose or too tight blower belts – Belt adjustments should only be done if you are familiar with the procedure. Call a professional if not.
- Blower and/or motor needs lubrication – Lubricate the blower and motor if oil ports are present.
- Dirty burner – Call a professional.
Prompt Repair Service
Call us today at 403. 531.6181 for prompt and expert Calgary furnace repair! You will have the advantage of same-day service with comprehensive equipment diagnostics.