Fireplace Cleaning is beneficial for your health and safety to clean your gas fireplace annually. Gas fireplaces, just like every other appliance in your home, need to be tuned up and maintained regularly in order to avoid large and costly break downs.
The Fireplace Cleaning and Service Includes:
- Check gas lines and valves for leaks
- Clean the fan motor and fan
- Check the pilot light and ensure it is burning safely
- Remove the glass doors and clean them with a specially made gas fireplace window cleaner
Why Do You Need to Clean Your Wood Fireplace Regularly?
The Cleaning and Service of your Wood Fireplace Includes:
- Removal of the accumulated creosote and tar products from the fireplace
- Elimination of build-ups in the chimney flue that could block the flow of exhaust gasses from the fireplace
- Check and tune up of the fireplace damper
How Can You Prevent Unsafe Conditions?
- Make sure your fireplace damper shuts tightly
- Use only dry seasoned wood
- Build smaller, hotter fires that burn more completely and produce less smoke
- Do not burn cardboard boxes, wrapping paper, garbage or Christmas trees
- Have the chimney inspected and cleaned on a regular basis